Road Clean up has been postponed to Saturday April 29th from 10am-12 noon. Interested? Email Steven at syounkin AT iastate.edu
ESC is hosting a Jeopardy competition between student organizations
April 12th 8:00pm-10:00pm
STATE GYM East Courts (2BB)
These webinars offer professional development credits for PTP, PTOE, P.E., and AICP certifications.
ConnectingConnecting Transportation and Health Goals: Diagnosing the Problem
(Part of ITE’s 2017 Initiative on Transportation and Health)
April 18, 3:00 – 4:00 p.m. EDT
AdvocacyIntroduction to Advocacy Guidelines
May 9, 3:00 – 4:30 p.m. EDT
Implementation Success Stories: How SHRP2 is Helping Agencies Advance Operations
May 18, 2017, 3:00 p.m.-4:30 p.m. EDT
Using the New ITE Vision Zero Website and Safety Resources Toolbox
May 23, 3:00 – 4:30 p.m. EDT
Individual webinars: $99 ITE member; $149 non-member; 9-part Webinar series: $599 ITE member; $899 non-member
Basics of Road Safety
April 11, 3:00-4:30 p.m. EDT
Introduction to Road Safety Programs
April 20, 3:00-4:30 p.m. EDT
Introduction to Traffic Safety Data
May 11, 3:00-4:30 p.m. EDT
Introduction to Quantitative Safety Analysis
May 25, 3:00-4:30 p.m. EDT
Safety Considerations in Transportation Planning
June 8, 3:00-4:30 p.m. EDT
Introduction to the Road Environment
June 22, 3:00-4:30 p.m. EDT
Introduction to Human Factors
June 29, 3:00-4:30 p.m. EDT
Safety for All Road Users
July 20, 3:00-4:30 p.m. EDT
In furthering our mission of increasing and retaining the number of individuals choosing the transit field as a career, the APTF will award a minimum of twenty scholarships, ranging from $2,500 to $5,000 each, to college students or transit professionals who are interested in pursuing or advancing in a career in the public transportation industry.
Awards cover the academic year, beginning in the fall 2017 semester, and assist with tuition costs or other educational expenses.
- Essay: “What segment of the public transportation industry interests you, and why?” (1,000 words maximum)
- Three letters of recommendation: Provide letters of recommendation that describe why the individuals think you are qualified for this scholarship. Letters should address your commitment, demonstrated interest, and career goals in public transportation. Be sure they include their name, address, and telephone number. Recommendations must not be solicited from relatives.
- Statement of Financial Need (500-word maximum): explain your financial need, including any deficits in a financial aid package, family income and personal need (personal need may also include special circumstances, such as personal hardship or financial difficulty that contributes to the applicant’s financial need).
- School Transcripts documenting good academic standing: May use unofficial transcripts, however, document must show applicant name, number of credits, grades and courses completed.
- Verification of enrollment for the 2017 fall semester: letter from school; course schedule can also serve as proof of enrollment)
- Fee Schedule: from your college/university for the academic year
- APTA Sponsorship Form: completed with sponsor signature
All applications must be submitted electronically by 5:00 p.m. (eastern time) on Friday, June 16, 2017.